Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post 1

  • Personal Info
    • Name, family
    • Where I have lived
    • Major
    • Interest
    • Why I attend South
  •  Education in the 21st Century
  • Passions
    • Movies
    • Sports
    • Tv shows
    • what I would like to know more about
     Hello fellow bloggers!!!! My name is Chalandra Gooden. I am currently 20 years old, from Hoover, Alabama and in a family of six, with two older sisters and one younger brother. I'm a junior at South Alabama majoring in Secondary-Ed with a concentration in Mathematics. I decided to major in Education because I have always loved math and never understood why it was so hard for students to understand it in school. So to help out with the problem, I wanted to become a teacher and help the students that have the problem my fellow peers had. I originally came to South because I was recruited to join the track team. I ran track for the school for two years until recently deciding to leave the team.

     I believe education in the 21st century will be impacted most from technology. I saw this firsthand from my high school, Hoover High School, where they let the senior class use IPads during class. With the increase of technology being apart of the curriculum, students will have a wider range of access to information for projects, classwork, and homework. Some of my passions and favorite things to do is watch TV, movies, listen to music or read. It's the best way to get away from the world and thoughts all together and just focus on that. Since I am a natural athlete, I do like to do almost anything that is physical, running, tennis, basketball, bowling and even chess. Recently, I started backing gaining my interest in music and decided to teach myself how to play the keyboard. My favorite movie is Stomp The Yard and Drumline, my two favorite tv shows are A Different World and almost any old Nickelodeon or Disney Show.

1 comment:

  1. Chalandra, I too believe that the future of education will be greatly by technology. It seems like your high school is already getting a head start by allowing the senior class use iPads in class, my school is still on the no cell phones policy. I also like that you have decided to become an educator to help students that your peers had during your time in high school, that is one of the reasons I am studying the profession as well.

    ReplyDelete