Sunday, April 12, 2015

C4T #3

http://billgx.com/

Post #1
This week Bill Genereux talks about a video called Connected But Not Alone, by Sherry Turkle. His class talked about Turkle's views on technology. One of Turkle's views is that technology is taking us places we don't want to go to. They pended the questions of are we conscious of how technology is changing us. He concludes the long discussion with,"We just need to be a little more aware of what is happening, and then put our foot down when we don’t like how things are".

The comment I left was:

 Hey Bill,

I don't believe people truly understand how much technology has changed us,  which is why I love this post you wrote. It is so hard even for students to sit through an entire class period without checking their phones at least once. But like you said in your conclusion sentence, " Those who start to figure this out and make conscious choices in how they conduct their lives with regards to technology will be living as the best version of themselves".


Post #2
 The post I commented on this week was called, Pearson's view of the future. It was basically about a professor who showed through video what she thinks the future will be like in education. One of the biggest things that stood out was that each student had a customized lesson plan, which I believe could be extremely beneficial, but hard to accomplish. Overall the post was interesting since it came with a video, and it also mentioned a book that might associated with the video.

The comment I left was:

My name is Chalandra Gooden and I am a student in EDM 310. The video was very interesting on insight on what the future my hold for education. I believe customizing each lesson for each student's learning style would be difficult,, but extremely beneficial if you were able to accomplish that. This video was very new and different to me, but it got me interested in the book you mentioned it was about.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chalandra,

    I highly recommend Feed as a great novel to read. Also, if you haven't read Huxley's Brave New World, you don't want to miss that either. Finally, there is some interesting new research that came out this year about how using the Internet makes us think we are smarter than we actually are.

    You can read that paper here: http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/releases/xge-0000070.pdf

    ReplyDelete